Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I gave out my IMEI number

are they going to do anything with it?

TLDR

i was trying to sell my iPhone SE (2020) on facebook marketplace.

buyer was interested. Wouldn’t pay me until he knew he could sign in. Asked for imei number. After back and forth chatting & searching if its safe. I literally recorded me setting up the phone logging into iCloud etc. he was like “cool. You signed in to iCloud. That’s not what I’m asking. I need to see if its blacklisted or stolen.”

I give the “IMEI……” to him. He then says “ta” and leaves the group chat (which to me got me thinking “haha now i can steal ur info”. I start another chat with him. He got mad at me for wasting his time coz i gave him the wrong “IMEI” number, i gave him the SIM IMEI….???? number. What he was wanting was the MODEL NUMBER. Which confused the heck out of me…coz why say “IMEI” if u wanted the MODEL…. Bottom line he didn’t buy it. Then blocked me.

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 4:48 AM

Hello,

The guy sounds like a real jerk, but I don't believe that he can do anything malicious with just the IMEI number.

However, if he recorded you logging into your Apple ID on iCloud, he might be able to get the Apple ID password. You might consider changing it:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Good luck.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 4:48 AM in response to Omgjustletmytypeanameffs

Hello,

The guy sounds like a real jerk, but I don't believe that he can do anything malicious with just the IMEI number.

However, if he recorded you logging into your Apple ID on iCloud, he might be able to get the Apple ID password. You might consider changing it:

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

Good luck.

I gave out my IMEI number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.