Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing Safari link icons from Home Screen

I have iOS15.4 Safari allows the iPad to add links to the home screen, but it does not allow them to be removed. The minus (-) symbol does not appear when I hold down the icon to remove it like other apps.

I followed the recommendations to Settings -> Screen Time -> Content & Privacy -> iTunes & App Store Purchases -> Deleting Apps. It must be on Allow. It will still not allow the icon to be removed from the iPad.

How do I remove the icon from the Home Screen?

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 9:03 AM

That was the first thing I did. I have restarted my device multiple times.

4 replies

Mar 25, 2022 4:19 PM in response to Sadye_04

If you’ve not tried already, perform a forced restart of your iPad - as doing so will often resolved an isolated software issue if present:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Removing Safari link icons from Home Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.