Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automations Homekit not working after update to 15.4

Hello,

after the update and iOS 15.4, location-based automation stopped working. For example, automation "when I leave the house" turns off the lights and sets the thermostat does not work. I tried to set up automation again, restart Apple TV and HomePod, and I still don't know what to do to make everything work the same as before the update. Thank you for the advice.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 4:01 PM

Similar questions

53 replies

May 2, 2022 6:33 AM in response to tylda

Spoke to the support team. All suggestion doesn’t work. One last one was being told to switch off and on again the precise location under privacy but still doesn’t work. Also I was told they are not fully aware of the extend of issue. Only way for them to know is to submit feedback form. I suggest all to do so they know the extend of issue at Product Feedback - Apple

in the midst of troubleshooting with the support we noticed that Settings\ Privacy\ Location services\ Home doesn’t have “Aways on” function. Instead only “While using Apps”. Though he explained to me Home doesn’t need ”Aways” function on. I’m suspecting it this has been an issue. As “Handwashing” on the other hand has this and it still works well.

kind of frustration.

Apr 1, 2022 3:09 PM in response to ioioioioi

Sadly doesnt fixed it for us. With earlier versions everthing was fine. Tried very much things that the support just could forward my issue to another department.

Everything works fine as long we dont leave our home and want automations be triggered ^^

Really annoying to us because the main reason to use homekit was the automation of thermostats.

Apr 3, 2022 10:23 PM in response to tylda

I assume that Homekit detects when you have left Home by the location of your iPhone (similar to the Find My app). So it is possibly a phone-related issue. Have you tried restarting the phone? Sometimes, annoyingly, settings get changed during an iOS update so check that Find My is enabled and that the Home app is enabled for Privacy/Location Services.

I don't currently use the "when I leave the house" trigger but will experiment with it and report back.

Apr 5, 2022 5:19 AM in response to Vancouver22

Of course I have everything updated, I'm not stupid. All location services turned on, updates made on Apple TV, Homepods and iPhones, I restarted everything repeatedly, deleted and reset automation, I tried to delete my girlfriend from home, and I don't know what else to try. After all, it's ridiculous, because something can't work for years, and now even Apple doesn't write back from my support and doesn't solve that the update has ruined everything?

Apr 8, 2022 12:45 PM in response to tylda

Found that on Reddit and it solved my problem!

“I had this since iOS 15 and finally fixed it. Do you have a TV as your connected hub? Try this: assuming you are the home owner and your wife is a resident, go on your wife’s phone > settings > her name > scroll down to look at devices her Apple ID is signed into. Is the connected TV hub listed? If not, go on your TV, sign her out, and sign back in. Do it when she is present and use her phone to authenticate TV login when prompted. Then, check her device list again on her phone. The TV should be listed and this should fix it“

Apr 17, 2022 8:01 AM in response to Thawesome

Yeah there must be something wrong. Everything looks fine in settings and so on but the location based automations just wont work.

I hope iOS 15.5 will fix it. I think the homepods are affected by that issue?! Sadly the beta program firmware update isnt available for homepods that i could test it.

[Edited by Moderator]

Apr 17, 2022 8:25 AM in response to Raitre

I called Apple Support and they told me to remove other users from the home app to better determine the cause. Then they told me to try uninstalling the home application and reinstalling it that might help. But it didn't help, one day the automation worked (arrival and leave from the house) but then no more. Sometimes it starts working once a week, but immediately it stops working again. It's awful, I bought everything just so I could use location automation, but you don't work. Can I return all Apple products I purchase? I can not.

May 11, 2022 1:13 PM in response to rhysfromneath

I've read a lot of discussions and I know dozens of people who have the same problem, but the worst part is that Apple doesn't know anything. When I called Apple twice, they still say that there is no global problem with automation, and according to the analyzes sent from my mobile phone, I have everything set up properly. Isn't that terrible?

Automations Homekit not working after update to 15.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.