Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need help to backup data

i need help i got a new phone so i need to upload all my data to it and my old phone needs to be backed up and i can because my wifi won’t work and i tried everything so is their anything i can do?

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 8:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2022 10:03 PM

The best way to do that is via a computer through a Lightning cable. Either a PC with iTunes or a Mac with Finder (or iTunes on some older operating systems). I prefer it because it's easier to control.

You could try using Quick Start, but there's only one chance after it comes up from factory condition. That doesn't use Wi-Fi. It works completely via Bluetooth, peer to peer.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2022 10:03 PM in response to pleasehelpnowok

The best way to do that is via a computer through a Lightning cable. Either a PC with iTunes or a Mac with Finder (or iTunes on some older operating systems). I prefer it because it's easier to control.

You could try using Quick Start, but there's only one chance after it comes up from factory condition. That doesn't use Wi-Fi. It works completely via Bluetooth, peer to peer.

need help to backup data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.