Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music subscription for iPod classic.

Can you download music to an iPod classic through iTunes if you haven’t purchased the song? I know you can do the monthly subscription and download to newer devices.

iPod Classic

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:24 AM

Tracks gotten through an Apple Music subscription can't be put onto an iPod classic. If you've gotten a free single offer, or music from an artist's promotion outside of the iTunes Store, yes.

(216101)

3 replies

Apr 6, 2022 1:57 AM in response to JShepson

Hi,

Where is your music located? It needs to be in your iTunes or Music library. Sync to iPod classic will only transfer music that is on your computer and it won’t transfer Music obtained from an Apple Music subscription nor will it transfer Music that has not been downloaded. Sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod using your computer – Apple Support (UK)

See also Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music – Apple Support (UK). You can download music to your iPhone for use when you don’t have internet access.

Jim

Apr 5, 2022 5:14 PM in response to Niel

So....I'm very sad about this. I have an iPod classic, I love it, it lives in my car and I use it frequently. Somehow today when I tried to add a few new songs I've gotten recently, in the process of Sync ing, it downloaded 2 songs and erased everything else on my device. YEARS of music...ALL of which I purchased through iTunes or in the form of CDs I loaded into my library one by one. Is it the case that NONE of that music is available to me? I can't use my phone and Apple Music in my car....I always get the "You are not connected to the internet" message. Can you explain this to me? I'm pretty devastated!

Apple Music subscription for iPod classic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.