Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro losing connection

What causes AirPod Pro to suddenly lose their connection after a period of flawless operation?

Why is the reconnection process so frustrating, cumbersome and time consuming?

Each morning, for the last two days, I have set out to do a workout and have been significantly delayed by messing around with non-connecting Airpods. This is particularly frustrating since nothing has changed on any of the devices that can influence the connection - but this is an obvious fallacy as logic dictates that something must of changed.

Frustration is further compounded when one invests time to troubleshoot and fix the issue one day only for the same issue to manifest the following day.

How can one ensure a consistent AirPods connection?

Yours sincerely,

William

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 2:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 1:11 PM

Hello,

have you tried resetting your AirPods?

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If so, try this:

>Connect to your AirPods

>In the „Settings“ App, click „Bluetooth“

>Now click the (i) on the right when you see your AirPods

>Scroll down and click „Disconnect“

>Now click „Forget Device“

>Now set up your AirPods again and see what happens

If the same issue occurs again, try to perform a „Force Restart“ on your iPhone:

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the same issue occurs, please contact Apple Support.

https://support.apple.com/contact

Best regards,

dotec

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 1:11 PM in response to Iceman1965

Hello,

have you tried resetting your AirPods?

How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro - Apple Support

If so, try this:

>Connect to your AirPods

>In the „Settings“ App, click „Bluetooth“

>Now click the (i) on the right when you see your AirPods

>Scroll down and click „Disconnect“

>Now click „Forget Device“

>Now set up your AirPods again and see what happens

If the same issue occurs again, try to perform a „Force Restart“ on your iPhone:

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the same issue occurs, please contact Apple Support.

https://support.apple.com/contact

Best regards,

dotec

Mar 24, 2022 3:59 AM in response to dotec

Dear dotec,

Thank you for your reply.

The AirPods Pro have been reset several times now with limited success.

Yesterday evening, as I was retiring for the night, I had a quick look at the iPhone and noticed that the Battery widget showed that the left AirPods Pro was in use - although it was safely in its little case. This naturally sparked some curiosity, so I fetched the AirPods for some late night testing…

Opening the case revealed both AirPods sound asleep in their chambers - the left still indicating active while the right indicated charging. I withdrew them, inserted them in my ears and listened to some music but only via the right side.

After some time, I replaced the AirPods in their case and still the left showed active while the right showed charging. So, I attempted the AirPods reset procedure which stalled on the reconnection step - a solid white light showed for short time while I held the button.

I opted to go for the big guns 💪🏻 and perform a hard reset on the iPhone. Afterwards, opening the AirPods case greeted me with an amber light then white and the connection reestablished itself.

This morning’s workout went to plan with the AirPods.

In conclusion, the hard reset seemed to help, although I am none the wiser as to the reason.

I really enjoy the AirPods Pro when they work, but when they don’t - it’s a bit of a love/hate affair.

Thank you for the helpful tips, but it would be nice to have some insight into why the connection is so precarious.

Yours sincerely,

William

AirPods Pro losing connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.