Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flexgate problem

I cannot open my laptop screen past a 90-degree angle without the screen going black, and the screen has shadows at the bottom of the screen that looks like a stage lighting effect. Apparently, the problem is due to a hardware issue with the manufacturing backlight cable. Seems like a design flaw to me. What do you all think? Apple provides support for the 2016 MacBook pro but mine 2017 model., which is not covered in the support package. Please help in the resolution of the problem.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 7:54 AM

Rayyan_New wrote:

I cannot open my laptop screen past a 90-degree angle without the screen going black, and the screen has shadows at the bottom of the screen that looks like a stage lighting effect. Apparently, the problem is due to a hardware issue with the manufacturing backlight cable. Seems like a design flaw to me. What do you all think? Apple provides support for the 2016 MacBook pro but mine 2017 model., which is not covered in the support package. Please help in the resolution of the problem.

Right, 2017 model is not covered.

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

An alternative work around if you can not justify the repair is use an external monitor plugged in.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2022 7:54 AM in response to Rayyan_New

Rayyan_New wrote:

Right, 2017 model is not covered.

Service Program—

13-inch MacBook Pro Display Backlight Service Program - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost. Mac Repair - Official Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

An alternative work around if you can not justify the repair is use an external monitor plugged in.

Flexgate problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.