Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange-password required notification keeps popping up

I keep getting the 'Exchange-password required, enter your password for 'account name' in Internet Accounts', even though I'm logged in.. If I click the continue button, it just redirects me to the internet accounts page in system preferences which shows me that I'm logged in just fine.

Apple Support doesn't have an answer and the countless threads that have been made so far also didn't give me a solution for this, does anyone know how to permanently fix this?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 12:47 PM

Try deleting and re-adding the account. If you can't re-add it, contact your Exchange administrator or help desk.

2 replies

Mar 30, 2022 8:07 AM in response to pieterpeer

I think I solved this... I don't use apple mail, but I need my contacts synchronized with my mac, so that I get people's names in iMessage.

I opened the mail app, went to Preferences ---> Accounts. I clicked on my Exchange account, and used an App password that I generated from Office 365. I need an App Password, because i have multi-factor authentication enabled. If you don't have that enabled, you should enter your exchange email password here.

That removed the annoying message for me. :-)

Exchange-password required notification keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.