Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to update to Monterey Apple says it is not available

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 1:07 PM

12 replies

Mar 23, 2022 3:04 PM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:

Also you won't find Monterey through the Update, but rather through the App Store.

"Download macOS Monterey

If you’re using macOS Mojave or later, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Software Update. If you’re using an earlier macOS, use the App Store instead."

Upgrade to macOS Monterey - Official Apple Support

May 14, 2022 12:46 PM in response to TonyLit

Apple will release only security updates for Big Sur to Noc 2023 or so based on past releases. See:

https://origin-discussions2-jp.apple.com/en/thread/253354676

This says Catalina will end on Nov 2022

https://computing.cs.cmu.edu/news/2022/eol-macos-catalina

TonyLit wrote:

I have an early 2014 MacBook Air and it has been the most reliable computer I have ever used. But it appears that this model will not be able to upgrade to OSS Monterey (based on your list of compatible models for OSS Monterey). So what should I do? Is Apple going to upgrade the current Big Sur OSS? Or is the current operating system (Big Sur version 11.6.5) the last upgrade I will ever see?

May 20, 2022 5:11 AM in response to lllaass

That's the general pattern it has been. Occasionally I've seen a security update come for earlier releases. But generally Safari releases have always been relegated end of life 2 OS annual releases later.

Right now you can only get 10.15 and 11.0 updates for Safari.

In November you'll likely only be able to get 11.0 and 12.0 releases for Safari.

I've made this page:

Browsers by Mac operating system - Apple Community

to help find other current browsers by OS.

May 14, 2022 11:28 AM in response to tgenis

I have an early 2014 MacBook Air and it has been the most reliable computer I have ever used. But it appears that this model will not be able to upgrade to OSS Monterey (based on your list of compatible models for OSS Monterey). So what should I do? Is Apple going to upgrade the current Big Sur OSS? Or is the current operating system (Big Sur version 11.6.5) the last upgrade I will ever see?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.