Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make Large Pointer on Sign IN page - already large on subsequent windows - slider does not work

Hi

I want to Make Large Pointer on Sign IN page - it already is large on subsequent windows AFTER the sign in page.- slider does not work in System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse Pointer etc.

I need the pointer to be large and visible on the Sign in Page - it presently is microsized and hard on my eyes.

I have a Monterey Mac 27"

Thank you in advance.

lLaurel

iMac 24″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 8:27 AM

Laurel963 wrote:

Hi
I want to Make Large Pointer on Sign IN page - it already is large on subsequent windows AFTER the sign in page.- slider does not work in System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse Pointer etc.

I need the pointer to be large and visible on the Sign in Page - it presently is microsized and hard on my eyes.

Thank you in advance.

lLaurel

You may have to set up automatic log in to accomplish this...

Currently you have to get past the log in screen to get to your User account for your User Preferences to be recognized

ref:

Set your Mac to automatically log in during startup - Apple ...

Alternatively, do not shut down once logged in, simply sleep your machine.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 8:27 AM in response to Laurel963

Laurel963 wrote:

Hi

Thank you in advance.

lLaurel

You may have to set up automatic log in to accomplish this...

Currently you have to get past the log in screen to get to your User account for your User Preferences to be recognized

ref:

Set your Mac to automatically log in during startup - Apple ...

Alternatively, do not shut down once logged in, simply sleep your machine.

Log out, sleep, wake, restart or shut down your Mac

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Mar 25, 2022 12:45 PM in response to leroydouglas

Hi and thank you for efforts in the reply.

Well I am required to password protect my computer. Therefore the automatic login is not an option because it bypasses the login. Also, the idea to not shutdown will not be acceptable for the same reason.

Hopefully there is some other strategy or fix that Apple will come up with. I am eager to receive it due to the vision issues.

Laurel

Make Large Pointer on Sign IN page - already large on subsequent windows - slider does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.