Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Pen working on other MacBook Pro but not mine

I had an issue with my finder being slow and apps not loading quickly so I deleted the finder.plist inside preferences. A few minutes later I realize that my Wacom pen won't hover on my MacBook. I updated the drivers and still it won't hover. I installed the same drivers on another MacBook Pro and it worked.

When I try to access the Wacom Software, it freezes so I can't even use it to uninstall the drivers completely. Is there a way I can completely erase every trace of Wacom, including permissions and access then reinstall it afresh?

I think that will work. Thank you.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 4:17 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Mar 23, 2022 4:31 PM in response to therealJaySmoke

Find Any File...

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/index.php

Hold Option or alt key when selecting Find to Find All.

But have you tried these?

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Have you done a PRAM reset, CMD+Option+p+r...

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

In fact, do 3 in a row, takes a bit of time.

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)...

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Mar 24, 2022 2:13 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for the tips! So this is what I did. So I did a time capsule backup of my old MacBook Pro (the one that the tablet isn't working on) and I did a restore onto the other MacBook Pro (the one which the tablet was working on) and now the tablet won't work anymore on it too.

I also tried resetting the PRAM, SMC and safe mode and none of them worked.

I really don't understand what's going on now.

Wacom Pen working on other MacBook Pro but not mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.