Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 13 M1

Hello. A few days ago, I noticed that my Mac is a little hot from underneath. I cleaned it of files and applications that I do not need. I don't know if this is what I feel is getting hot from the device or am I wrong in my assessment.

Is there a specific way to know that the physical hardware of the device is intact?

or

Any way to ensure its safety in general?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 4:22 AM

You should never impede the flow of air either over the exterior surfaces or into its interior. Protective covers are often a bad idea because of that, same is true for operating your Mac on a soft surface such as a bed or your lap.

If your Mac is operating normally, you can be assured the parts are all in working order.

Safety in general is basically things like not dropping it, not letting the battery get completely exhausted and sitting unused for months, not spilling liquids on it ... just good common sense operation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 4:22 AM in response to Ali90h

You should never impede the flow of air either over the exterior surfaces or into its interior. Protective covers are often a bad idea because of that, same is true for operating your Mac on a soft surface such as a bed or your lap.

If your Mac is operating normally, you can be assured the parts are all in working order.

Safety in general is basically things like not dropping it, not letting the battery get completely exhausted and sitting unused for months, not spilling liquids on it ... just good common sense operation.

Macbook pro 13 M1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.