Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music on iMac stops playing after each song

I have Catalina 10.15.7 installed on my iMac. All my music consists of legally purchased CDs that I imported into iTunes. Playback always worked fine, but since I upgraded to Catalina I noticed the following. Although I had not changed any settings, songs on any album were shuffled. I did notice that under Controls>Shuffle "on" was selected. I deselected that option, but ever since, Music stops playing after each individual song. I tried all the options under that Controls>Shuffle (on,/of), (songs/albums/groupings), but nothing would bring continuous play back. Also not after I restarted my iMac.

Posted on Mar 23, 2022 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 9:44 PM

You're welcome. 🙂

Music > Preferences > General > Show > List view checkboxes/tickboxes.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 24, 2022 1:13 PM in response to SanJoseRob

The most likely explanation is that you've accidentally uncheck all of your music. Unchecked tracks are skipped during normal track to track or shuffle play so if everything is unchecked playback stops at the end of the current song. Either cmd-click an empty checkbox, or press cmd+A to select all, right-click, and tap Check (Tick) Selection.

tt2

Apple music on iMac stops playing after each song

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.