Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 years of photos gone from iCloud

I realised today that over 2 years of photos have disappeared from my photos. This is not only on the phone but in the iCloud. I have not used another user id or deleted anything by accident. I recently bought a mac computer but that was it. My storage for the icloud had a bit of space still, i never received any notifications about lack of space. People i loved like my husband, dad, auntie and other loved ones are gone from the photos. I tried switching on my old phone and defaulted to the existing cloud. How can i get it back, because i did not do anything to delete them?

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 3:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 4:19 AM

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?

If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, photos and videos won't upload to iCloud and your library won’t stay up to date across your devices. To continue using iCloud Photos, upgrade your storage plan or reduce the amount of storage that you're using.

Reduce the storage for iCloud Photos by deleting photos and videos that you don't want to keep from your iOS devices or on iCloud.com. Your device will immediately remove any photos and videos that you delete and they won't be available for recovery in your Recently Deleted album.

If you're out of storage, your devices won't back up to iCloud, and new photos, videos, documents, and your information won't stay up to date.

As you mentioned - My storage for the icloud had a bit of space still , you might have exceeded the iCloud storage space as you never checked Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support the iCloud storage space or upgraded the storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Note : Those photos will never be recovered .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 4:19 AM in response to avleck

See the article Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?

If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, photos and videos won't upload to iCloud and your library won’t stay up to date across your devices. To continue using iCloud Photos, upgrade your storage plan or reduce the amount of storage that you're using.

Reduce the storage for iCloud Photos by deleting photos and videos that you don't want to keep from your iOS devices or on iCloud.com. Your device will immediately remove any photos and videos that you delete and they won't be available for recovery in your Recently Deleted album.

If you're out of storage, your devices won't back up to iCloud, and new photos, videos, documents, and your information won't stay up to date.

As you mentioned - My storage for the icloud had a bit of space still , you might have exceeded the iCloud storage space as you never checked Check your iCloud storage on iCloud.com - Apple Support the iCloud storage space or upgraded the storage plan Upgrade to iCloud+ - Apple Support

Note : Those photos will never be recovered .

2 years of photos gone from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.