Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to close only selected PDF's in Preview

Big Sur 11.6. When I open more than one PDF, and I close one, they all close. That didn't happen in previous versions. Sometimes I need to look at one PDF to copy information for another. Then I don't need all of those extra files open, but I'm frustrated that when I close them it also closes the two that I am working on. Please help. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 2:46 PM

Thank you! That works! I didn't even look at the 'file' menu in regards to that since I've been using different versions of preview for more years that I desire to count, and have always done it the same way until Big Sur. I wish I'd asked awhile back. It would have save a lot of frustration! Thanks again!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 2:46 PM in response to VikingOSX

Thank you! That works! I didn't even look at the 'file' menu in regards to that since I've been using different versions of preview for more years that I desire to count, and have always done it the same way until Big Sur. I wish I'd asked awhile back. It would have save a lot of frustration! Thanks again!

Want to close only selected PDF's in Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.