Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail Running Amuk

I have a new 14-inch MackBook Pro; Montery, version 22.1 I hired a private apple tech to move information from an older MBP to the MBP. I didn't want to use migration because of some problems on the old MBP

I use Apple Mail. After a few weeks using the new MBP emails began acting strange, including disappearing. Emails in I-map mail boxes seem to still be there. Email that was not processed and still in the inboxes disappeared Also , deleted emails come back to the Mac; The "Sent" mail box is empty no matter how many emails I send; Drafts does not work; This is a business computer and some of the losses were important. I hope that I will be able to retrieve the lost emails from either BackBlaze or RackSpace. The old computer that was used to transfer to the new also also lost the same emails. I do have Apple Care but I'm not sure what good that will be. I had to think virus but that has never happened to me. Clean my Mac says I do not have malware. I am hoping to get suggestions from the Community. Steve

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 1:45 PM

The easiest way to do this is to rebuild your mailboxes.Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support also this.

Troubleshoot email problems in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies

Mar 25, 2022 8:32 AM in response to Steve Weaver1

It would seem that whatever problem your having got transferred to your new Mac. You might try going to recovery and reinstalling your operating system. Which might fix mail. A reinstall does not delete personal files as it has only to do with the operating system. Also as to rebuilding the mailbox. As long as you have not deleted any emails , they are still on your server. That means they would get re- downloaded.

Apple Mail Running Amuk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.