Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange behavior of slide to type keyboard

At some point in the last year, the slide to type keyboard on my iPhone X has started to always insert the text "and's" when I enter the word "and" - every time, and no matter how carefully I enter the word. This doesn't happen with regular tap typing.

I've mostly developed a reflexive habit of fixing it back to "and" from "and's" but I'd really rather not have to. Is this a bug in the software? It can't be intended, since "and's" is not a word and would never be used in regular writing.

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 2:43 PM

To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.

1. To add a text replacement, tap the Add button. , then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you're done, tap Save.
  2. To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap the Remove button then tap Delete. To save your changes, tap Done.

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive ... - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 2:43 PM in response to epv32

To manage text replacement, tap Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.

1. To add a text replacement, tap the Add button. , then enter your phrase and shortcut. When you're done, tap Save.
  2. To remove a text replacement, tap Edit, tap the Remove button then tap Delete. To save your changes, tap Done.

How to use Auto-Correction and predictive ... - Apple Support

Strange behavior of slide to type keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.