Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to configure Displays in Macbook Pro M1 to use iMac 2011 as Monitor

I connected my new MacBook Pro M1 2021 to my old iMac 27” 2011 via Tunderbold 2/USB-C adapter and Thunderbold cable.

Both Macs are Power-On, then when I click from the iMac on Command-F2 the display is not sent from my MacBook Pro to the iMac.

I tried the same process by replacing my Mackbook Pro M1 2021 with my MacBook Pro 2018 and it worked.

I think it’s due to the display settings with my MB2021 but I don’t know what are the right settings so it’ll be recognized by the iMac.

Any help is appreciated.

I attached my iMac Configuration

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2022 6:56 PM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Unfortunately, if any Mac is using a version of macOS newer than macOS Catalina and is newer than 2019, then you cannot use Target Display Mode: Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support.

However, you can use AirPlay to Mac between your two Mac notebooks: Set up your Mac to be an AirPlay receiver - Apple Support.

Jack

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2022 6:56 PM in response to scipe

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

Unfortunately, if any Mac is using a version of macOS newer than macOS Catalina and is newer than 2019, then you cannot use Target Display Mode: Use your iMac as a display with target display mode - Apple Support.

However, you can use AirPlay to Mac between your two Mac notebooks: Set up your Mac to be an AirPlay receiver - Apple Support.

Jack

How to configure Displays in Macbook Pro M1 to use iMac 2011 as Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.