Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music, how to change playlist name?

I have changed the name on the playlist page & it shows. However in a short time, the name reverts back to the previous name.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 3:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 10:40 AM

Mike Gunnill,

Are you attempting to change it from the Mac's Music app? If so, try changing it from the iOS device instead, as a test. As a refresher, this is done via the (...) button > Edit after opening a playlist. Be sure to tap Done after making changes.

If it persists, we'd recommend following up with Apple Support directly for a deeper investigation. This page can help start a support request: Get Support

Cheers.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 10:40 AM in response to Mike Gunnill

Mike Gunnill,

Are you attempting to change it from the Mac's Music app? If so, try changing it from the iOS device instead, as a test. As a refresher, this is done via the (...) button > Edit after opening a playlist. Be sure to tap Done after making changes.

If it persists, we'd recommend following up with Apple Support directly for a deeper investigation. This page can help start a support request: Get Support

Cheers.

Mar 26, 2022 8:01 AM in response to Mike Gunnill

Hey there, Mike Gunnill!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Being able to customize your playlists is one of the many features of Apple Music we love. Let's figure out why that might not be working for you. To start, we want to make sure you're following the normal process of renaming your playlists just to cover our bases.

Here's where to start: How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app.

If it continues to occur, then we'd recommend testing on a different network. It's possible that an issue with your network is preventing those changes from sticking. Testing on another network can help isolate the issue.

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Mar 26, 2022 10:01 AM in response to nathan430

Thank you for your reply.

I have noted your suggested link. My playlist was one named already. I added further tracks and then tried to rename the playlist on my Mac. I played the playlist but when I closed down and went to another playlist - the first renamed itself to the original name. I also note on iOS Apple Music my music was last updated on Thursday. Nothing else has changed I haven't recently upgraded anything or changed any settings.

Grateful for further help. I don't have the chance to try my playlists on another network. My present network has been home to Apple Music for 5 years.

Mike

Apple Music, how to change playlist name?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.