Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Apple wireless keyboard

Just upgraded 2020 Mac mini to OS 12.3. Now trying to connect older Apple Wireless Keyboard via BT. Little green power light on bottom of keyboard blinks, Bluetooth prefs sees the keyboard, I click the connect button, it grays out, the gearwheel spins, but nothing else happens. 30 seconds later the connect button goes active again. I've turned the keyboard power off/on, turned BT off/on, restarted the computer. What's going on?

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 6:22 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

May 3, 2022 2:37 AM in response to Dan Dan the Yearbook Man

I've just updated my MacBook Pro M1 (2021 model) to Monterey 12.3.1 and now my Apple Wireless Keyboard won't connect. I've replaced the batteries, removed them, waited a minute and reinserted them. I've also tried turning Bluetooth off and on again. Also tried restarting the laptop; none of which has made any difference. Although the laptop has "Found Apple Wireless Keyboard", it refuses to connect with it. All it displays is a "connecting" message with the spinner (see screenshot attached). Apple wireless keyboard is from mid-2000s and has worked perfectly until now.

Connecting Apple wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.