Just bought this mac mini M2 and will not work with wireless keyboard--regret purchase

Keyboard works for short period of time then disconnect/reconnect/disconnect/reconnect and the few seconds it does connect, keys do not produce thier designated use. ex. his space bar and screenshot images pop up. The apple trackpad works fine. I had mac mini previously and have tried this new M2 thing with FOUR different apple OEM wireless aa battery keyboards. Just bought another and this does not work either.. Piece of crap. Big problem as my entire career is online and work has suffered terribly. I am currently using a wired keyboard which works but I bought to use with wireless keyboard. Almost $1000 and I regret this purchase. Apparently an ongoing problem with the new macs that I was not aware off. Does anyone know how to fix this bluetooth keyboard cutting in and out and producing weird functions when trying to type?

Posted on Aug 13, 2023 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2023 8:35 AM

I have used the rechargeable, extended Apple Magic Keyboard with my M1 and M2 Mac mini and there are no issues. As recommended, ditch those old incompatible Apple keyboards and get something current that works reliably.

Similar questions

3 replies

Just bought this mac mini M2 and will not work with wireless keyboard--regret purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.