Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Capitalizing The Word "Kindly"

Looks like this question has been asked before, but still no answer:

Whenever I type "Kindly" -- like I did just now-- it automatically gets capitalized. If I go back and correct it to "kindly" it remains lower case. This happens across all apps.

I have checked in all of the auto correct or text replacement I can find, and I can assure you that there are no options specifically pertaining to the word Kindly.

Again: I looked in system preferences, and although I do have a few autocorrect options, "Kindly" is not one of them.

Finally, if I highlight the word, there is no "unlearn" option. The problem seems to be at a deeper level. Please help!

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 11:09 AM

5 replies

Apr 1, 2022 11:45 AM in response to BDAqua

What I was getting at is that the word "Kindly" would not be accidentally added, as this word is already in the dictionary. It is obviously not a "special" word, so the OS's dictionary already has it in it's lexicon.

I suppose the question to be answered is how does one access the actual dictionary in the OS?

Mac Capitalizing The Word "Kindly"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.