Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to transfer all of my music in my iTunes library to the iCloud, but when I open iCloud, there is no folder for music, and I don't find any of the songs that I thought I had uploaded to the Cloud. And WTF is the iCloud drive?Cloud

I am trying to transfer all of the music in my iTunes library to the iCloud, but when I open my iCloud, there is no folder for music, and I don't find any of the songs that I thought I had uploaded to the Cloud. And WTF is the iCloud drive? What is it for?

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 11:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 12:30 PM

The iCloud Drive service isn't suitable for hosting iTunes music. For that you need either iTunes Match or Apple Music services. iCloud Drive can be used to host other kinds of documents and data, including photos, so they can be available across multiple devices and computers. The same storage space may also be used for iOS cloud backups. See Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2022 12:30 PM in response to StevieB492

The iCloud Drive service isn't suitable for hosting iTunes music. For that you need either iTunes Match or Apple Music services. iCloud Drive can be used to host other kinds of documents and data, including photos, so they can be available across multiple devices and computers. The same storage space may also be used for iOS cloud backups. See Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support.

tt2

I am trying to transfer all of my music in my iTunes library to the iCloud, but when I open iCloud, there is no folder for music, and I don't find any of the songs that I thought I had uploaded to the Cloud. And WTF is the iCloud drive?Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.