Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bell with slash on text I sent

I too want to pickup with the question, “How is it that the bell showed up as I was texting back and forth with a friend?” I do understand what it means but it wasn’t beside my other texts to him. I swear my iPhone, an SE, often does things all by itself. It’s creepy. Does this happen to anyone else?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 2:28 PM

maicat wrote:

I too want to pickup with the question, “How is it that the bell showed up as I was texting back and forth with a friend?” I do understand what it means but it wasn’t beside my other texts to him. I swear my iPhone, an SE, often does things all by itself. It’s creepy. Does this happen to anyone else?

That means you enabled hide alerts for that message thread.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2022 2:28 PM in response to maicat

maicat wrote:

That means you enabled hide alerts for that message thread.

Bell with slash on text I sent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.