Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Externally Driven

I would like to update the OS of my MacBook Pro (early ’15) and recently acquired, from my son, an iMac (early ’18[?]), both of which, of course, need to be backed up prior. Herein lies my conundrum. The iMac has never been backed up, and is running on Sierra, the laptop on Mojave, and has been backed up to a Seagate BackupPlus Hub 8TB. However…as you with more than four stars have already gathered, it would need to be reformatted, losing everything, including 2TB of live music from a WD MyBook drive, all three of which I still have. So, if I reformat the Seagate to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), and backup everything again, what will happen when the new OS use APFS? Will Seagate need to be reformatted again? Would this be true for any EHD? Or, if it exists, I should get a new EHD, which can handle everything now, correct? What might that be? Now that I’m on a roll here, I would like to finish with this, I have an old AirPort Time Capsule (500GB), which is not capable of handling all the storage. Is it possible that the drive we are possibly referring to can be connected to the Airport and supplant/replace its 500GB drive? That sure would make things run smoothly. If you’ve even read this far, I thank you. If you’ve thought about possible answers, I thank you further. If you take the time to reply, I will be forever grateful.

But wait! There’s more! Reply in the next 18 minutes, and you’ll receive TWICE the gratitude absolutely free! (Just pay separate thought and bowing fee.)

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 25, 2022 7:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 7:56 PM

Zacateller wrote:

Thank you, Aquaman. I do use a service animal to haul my drives (and vice versa), in this case, a serpent, with whom you may be familiar. (Why is KBJ already recommending leniency?) Do you have a FOGL response to the lattermost question:

"Is it possible that the drive we are possibly referring to
can be connected to the Airport and supplant/replace its 500GB drive?"

Especially as it pertains to handling everything. I am not fond of NTFS and the Paragon driver running on both computers, so, a Seagate will be at rest with the cement ships of the

Yes, that was my previous missive, cut short by a surreptitious service serpent, trying to unlink my cement ships. (Many people have unlinked the entire cement maritime movement in a concrete fashion, yet, this was personal.) So, BDAqua, I agree with you, wholeheartedly, drives are cheap. Putin, Inflation, Putin, supply chain constraints, Putin, oil, Putin, infrastructure, Putin, healthcare, Putin, pre-pre-daycare, Buttigieg all factored in. In your Himalayan, tenth level of happiness, 218,583 grains of pink salt, is there a particular drive you might recommend, so that, while winning the war, I have lost so many battles, that the cost of dozens of drives inevitably evolves to the People’s Second Law of Thermodynamics: You cannot break even. (you cannot return to the same “drive state” because there is always an increase in disorder: New drives. New OS. New software. New firmware. New data. Entropy always increases.)

Pick one.

But wait! There’s more! Pick one in the next 18 minutes, and you’ll receive TWICE the positive feedback absolutely FREE! (Just pay separate Helpful and Solved My Problem fee.)

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 7:56 PM in response to Zacateller

Zacateller wrote:

Thank you, Aquaman. I do use a service animal to haul my drives (and vice versa), in this case, a serpent, with whom you may be familiar. (Why is KBJ already recommending leniency?) Do you have a FOGL response to the lattermost question:

Especially as it pertains to handling everything. I am not fond of NTFS and the Paragon driver running on both computers, so, a Seagate will be at rest with the cement ships of the

Yes, that was my previous missive, cut short by a surreptitious service serpent, trying to unlink my cement ships. (Many people have unlinked the entire cement maritime movement in a concrete fashion, yet, this was personal.) So, BDAqua, I agree with you, wholeheartedly, drives are cheap. Putin, Inflation, Putin, supply chain constraints, Putin, oil, Putin, infrastructure, Putin, healthcare, Putin, pre-pre-daycare, Buttigieg all factored in. In your Himalayan, tenth level of happiness, 218,583 grains of pink salt, is there a particular drive you might recommend, so that, while winning the war, I have lost so many battles, that the cost of dozens of drives inevitably evolves to the People’s Second Law of Thermodynamics: You cannot break even. (you cannot return to the same “drive state” because there is always an increase in disorder: New drives. New OS. New software. New firmware. New data. Entropy always increases.)

Pick one.

But wait! There’s more! Pick one in the next 18 minutes, and you’ll receive TWICE the positive feedback absolutely FREE! (Just pay separate Helpful and Solved My Problem fee.)

Mar 26, 2022 7:13 PM in response to BDAqua

Externally Driven

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.