Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 display turned low resolution after Mojave upgrade

Hi friends.

I own a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 which rarely update in terms of system and apps. Finally, my husband convinced me to upgrade from High Sierra to Mojave due to some apps that don't work with higher systems.

My husband diid the upgrade, but after 1 day using my Mac, the display seems low resolution and shows like 1 or 2 lines of mirrored display flickering at the top.

We tried changing display system preferences, but it only changes the size of the content of the display.

He did a PRAM reset, and then SMC reset but problem remains. The thing is that working like this means too much forcing my sight and it becomes difficult to read.

Please help. Does anyone have any idea of what to do?

Greetings from Mexico!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 3:39 PM

Just checking, you changed Sys Prefs>Displays>Display>Scaled to different values?

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 3:39 PM in response to MajoGonzalezPerea

Just checking, you changed Sys Prefs>Displays>Display>Scaled to different values?

Start with this...

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes or more.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

MacBook Pro 13 inch 2017 display turned low resolution after Mojave upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.