Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a new i phone turned off i cload on my old phone and all my photos disappeared on my old phone before i had a chance to move them to my computer

i got a new i phone turned off i cloud on my old phone and all my photos disappeared on my old phone before i had a chance to move them to my computer. Where did they go? i checked icloud.com nothing there. I lost all the photos from the first year of my daughters life.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 1:27 PM

The following from Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support may describe what you did and may help undo that:

How do I remove all iCloud Photos content from iCloud and my devices?

To turn off your iCloud Photos everywhere, follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Photos, then tap Disable & Delete. 
  • On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Choose iCloud, then click Manage. Select Photos, then click Turn Off and Delete. 

If you change your mind, follow the steps above on your device then select Undo Delete. 

Photos and videos are stored in your account for 30 days. To download your photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then click iCloud, then select Download Originals to this Mac. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

If you still have the old phone and are able to undo the delete, when you are again ready to clear the old phone, use the following procedure. It won't affect iCloud or your new phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2022 1:27 PM in response to byebyebabypictures

The following from Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support may describe what you did and may help undo that:

How do I remove all iCloud Photos content from iCloud and my devices?

To turn off your iCloud Photos everywhere, follow these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Photos, then tap Disable & Delete. 
  • On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Choose iCloud, then click Manage. Select Photos, then click Turn Off and Delete. 

If you change your mind, follow the steps above on your device then select Undo Delete. 

Photos and videos are stored in your account for 30 days. To download your photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then click iCloud, then select Download Originals to this Mac. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

If you still have the old phone and are able to undo the delete, when you are again ready to clear the old phone, use the following procedure. It won't affect iCloud or your new phone: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Mar 26, 2022 2:04 PM in response to FoxFifth

I started using my new phone in october so I believe it is far to late to recover anything. I didnt delete the photos i only turned off Icloud so my old phone would stop recieving my i messages aswell as my new phone. When i did this all the photos left. I thought they would still be on the cloud but i checked today and there's nothing.

i got a new i phone turned off i cload on my old phone and all my photos disappeared on my old phone before i had a chance to move them to my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.