Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have my receipt for my 2012 macbook pro and I need it for a firmware password I forgot.

Is there anything else I can show that proves the computer is mine? I still have the box the computer came in.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 5:54 AM

Oscar_15 wrote:

Is there anything else I can show that proves the computer is mine? I still have the box the computer came in.

receipt—

If you purchased your Mac from Apple, you can request a receipt from the retail location. Also recommend checking your email for a copy of the receipt. Here’s how to locate the Apple Store and their contact information: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

If your purchase was made at the Apple Online Store, please view the section titled “View or Print Invoice” here: Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple

If your mac was purchased from an Apple Authorized Reseller, it is recommend contacting them directly for a receipt.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 5:54 AM in response to Oscar_15

Oscar_15 wrote:

receipt—

If you purchased your Mac from Apple, you can request a receipt from the retail location. Also recommend checking your email for a copy of the receipt. Here’s how to locate the Apple Store and their contact information: Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

If your purchase was made at the Apple Online Store, please view the section titled “View or Print Invoice” here: Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple Viewing & Changing Orders - Shopping Help - Apple

If your mac was purchased from an Apple Authorized Reseller, it is recommend contacting them directly for a receipt.

I don't have my receipt for my 2012 macbook pro and I need it for a firmware password I forgot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.