Firmware Password

Bought an older Model MacBook Pro off eBay.., sadly it has a firmware password. I don’t know the password and nothing works?

Posted on May 10, 2023 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 3:18 PM

jjaxxed wrote:

Bought an older Model MacBook Pro off eBay.., sadly it has a firmware password. I don’t know the password and nothing works?

Here is what you need to do: Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

"If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase."

I think you will have to return the Mac to the seller.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 3:18 PM in response to jjaxxed

jjaxxed wrote:

Here is what you need to do: Set a firmware password on your Mac - Apple Support

"If you can't remember your firmware password, schedule an in-person service appointment with an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your Mac to the appointment, and bring your original receipt or invoice as proof of purchase."

I think you will have to return the Mac to the seller.

Firmware Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.