You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch cellular & gps

I want to buy an Apple Watch 7 but I’m not sure how it works. I know I have to pair my watch with my phone, but will AT&T charge me extra to add the watch to my phone.

I honestly don’t know and AT&T chat is closed until tomorrow.

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 7:52 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2022 9:44 PM

If you buy the cellular model you don’t need to set up and activate cellular on it until later on. Once you do, it’s an add on plan about $10 a month extra with the carrier you’re using for your iPhone. You would need to ask your carrier how much it costs. Activation can be done by you on the watch app. No real need to call the carrier and the price should be displayed in the app via the carrier site during set up before you continue with “Finish”

GPS can still make calls, texts but needs to be nearby your iPhone to work. It would use wifi calling which needs to be supported by the carrier.

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2022 9:44 PM in response to rudolfo259

If you buy the cellular model you don’t need to set up and activate cellular on it until later on. Once you do, it’s an add on plan about $10 a month extra with the carrier you’re using for your iPhone. You would need to ask your carrier how much it costs. Activation can be done by you on the watch app. No real need to call the carrier and the price should be displayed in the app via the carrier site during set up before you continue with “Finish”

GPS can still make calls, texts but needs to be nearby your iPhone to work. It would use wifi calling which needs to be supported by the carrier.

Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch cellular & gps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.