You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my computer is compatible to upgrade but has failed after two attempts

I've attempted twice to update my os to Monterey and it has failed twice. I just reformatted my computer to factory setting and the drive is completely free. what should I do?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 3:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 4:24 AM

When you install macOS from Recovery, you get the current version of the most recently installed macOS, with some exceptions:

• On an Intel-based Mac, you can use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup to be offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. Or you can use Option-Command-R during startup to be offered either the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac, or in some cases the macOS that came with your Mac or the closest version still available.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 27, 2022 4:24 AM in response to tophervela

When you install macOS from Recovery, you get the current version of the most recently installed macOS, with some exceptions:

• On an Intel-based Mac, you can use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup to be offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. Or you can use Option-Command-R during startup to be offered either the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac, or in some cases the macOS that came with your Mac or the closest version still available.

my computer is compatible to upgrade but has failed after two attempts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.