Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried to update operating system from High Sierra Monterey. No nothing works as it stops with less than one minute to go and freezers. I can’t open in safe mode. What do you suggest?

I tried to operate system upgrade to Monterey from High Sierra. Will not load and freezers at less than a minute remaining. Computer will not open in safe mode. Does anybody have any suggestions.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 2:49 PM

I managed to get to a reboot with control r. I then reloaded Monterey and started to install and again froze at less than a minute remaining.I’m leaving it for an hour or so to see if it finally takes this time. Thanks for your input it was helpful.

5 replies

Mar 30, 2022 3:52 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, working well now. It took a few hours and just letting the machine run, restarting the loading and run again but eventually it got through.I didn't know about the control R function so was completely stymied. Also good for you to encourage patience as the system really did have to try a couple of times to completely load. Thank You!

Tried to update operating system from High Sierra Monterey. No nothing works as it stops with less than one minute to go and freezers. I can’t open in safe mode. What do you suggest?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.