Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPhone and iPad messages when I have different apple ids.

I have different Apple IDs for iPhone and iPad. I know they have to be the same to sync messages. I want to edit the Apple ID on my iPhone to match the Apple ID used on my iPad. When I attempt to edit this on my iPhone, I receive a message stating I cannot edit this because the Apple ID is already being used….. which I already know since it is used on my iPad! How can I edit my iPhone Apple ID so it matches my current iPad Apple ID ?

Ty!

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 6:13 AM

Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. 

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
    • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.

Then sign in with the correct Apple ID.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 6:13 AM in response to Bethg0516

Sign out of iCloud and the iTunes & App Store. 

• If you're using iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings > [your name]. Scroll down and tap Sign Out. Enter your Apple ID password and tap Turn Off.
    • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Sign Out. Tap Sign Out again, then tap Delete from My [device] and enter your Apple ID password. Then go to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > Sign Out.

Then sign in with the correct Apple ID.

Sync iPhone and iPad messages when I have different apple ids.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.