Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail send problems

I use Apple Mail with Big Sur 11.6.5, and have accounts for 2 Exchange mailboxes and my iCloud (@mac) email. Yesterday, any attempt to send mail from any of the 3 accounts through Apple Mail failed. The messages instead all go into Outbox - On My Mac and never send.

I can use the Exchange accounts on their web interfaces normally, and my iCloud send works from the web interface.

I have tried deleting and then adding the iCloud mailbox to Apple Mail, but to no avail.

Have never had this problem before in decades of using Apple Mail.

Any suggestions welcomed with thanks!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 11:12 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Mar 28, 2022 11:23 AM in response to canamerican

Hello there canamerican,

Thanks for posting here on the Apple Support Communities! This is a place where other Apple users can submit questions or respond to others to help lend a hand. Let's take a closer look as we do our best to provide some additional insight.

To get started, you did a great job with those initial troubleshooting steps! Next, let's go over the rest of these general steps that you haven't done yet here: If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Specifically, what status does it show for each account now?

Are you still receiving mail?

Certainly keep us posted, we’re here for you every step of the way!

Take care.

Apple Mail send problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.