Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo location missing from the top of my individual photos (header where the time/date is)

All,

I'm hoping you can help me with this. In my Mac Photos App (desktop), the written location of my individual photos had disappeared. However, when I swipe up on any photo (to reveal the "places" section at the bottom), I can still see the correct geographical location pinned there. And, when I look at the same photo library that is synced to both my iCloud and iPhone, the location does show up correctly in both of those places. Please see all of the attached screenshots showing what I mean. (One of the attached screenshots that has the location correct displayed at the top is from my iPhone and this is how it used to be displayed in my Mac Photos App (desktop) for every photo previously). Has anyone else seen this happen before? Note, I did not change any settings manually, and the only change I made was to download the new macOS Monterey v12.3 about a month ago (and I suspect that's when the issue began). Looking for any out of the box solutions here to solve this issue. Thanks.

-Jeff.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 2:39 PM

I've looked and can't find any option to turn it on/off, and don't have Monterey to check there:

Try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this - if it is a glitch and not just a change/bug in Monterey.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 2:39 PM in response to jeffreymcohen

I've looked and can't find any option to turn it on/off, and don't have Monterey to check there:

Try restarting your mac in safe mode and then trying.

Then restart normally, and try again.

Safe mode will clear temporary files and caches, and sometimes fixes odd glitches such as this - if it is a glitch and not just a change/bug in Monterey.

Photo location missing from the top of my individual photos (header where the time/date is)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.