Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Family Sharing

I invited my wife and son to join my Apple Music family sharing plan. Everyone signed in without issues, except now my son and I seem to be sharing the profile. He is logged in on his Apple ID but sharing my Apple ID for purchases, iCloud storage etc. How do we fix this cross-over?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 4:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 5:26 PM

I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean by "sharing the profile" but that may be the way Family Sharing is designed to work if you enabled these option:

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

When you turn on purchase sharing, everyone in your family gets access to apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that family members buy. The family organizer is billed for family members' purchases.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

With Family Sharing, you can share a subscription to iCloud+ with everyone in your family group. When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2022 5:26 PM in response to bpen33

I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean by "sharing the profile" but that may be the way Family Sharing is designed to work if you enabled these option:

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

When you turn on purchase sharing, everyone in your family gets access to apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books that family members buy. The family organizer is billed for family members' purchases.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

With Family Sharing, you can share a subscription to iCloud+ with everyone in your family group. When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

Apple Music Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.