Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One Apple ID for Apple Music and another one for media purchase.. possible??

I have family sharing with my kids and wife. My kid's phone, can I let him login with his own Apple ID for Apple Music while let him log into App Store with my Apple ID?

What is expected behavior on app purchase under family sharing?

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 3:49 PM

Wooky wrote:

so... since I can share my purchase with all the sharing members... I don't need to worry about logging in with a diff ID for my kids' devices? so, basically it's not possible to login with a diff ID just for Apple Music... it's connected to App Store apple ID. right?

Family Sharing is driven by separate Apple IDs. Apple Music and the App store use the same credentials. The kids should have separate IDs. If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud on their devices, they are you and you are them.

Texts, photos, reminders will be shared between devices.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2020 3:49 PM in response to Wooky

Wooky wrote:

so... since I can share my purchase with all the sharing members... I don't need to worry about logging in with a diff ID for my kids' devices? so, basically it's not possible to login with a diff ID just for Apple Music... it's connected to App Store apple ID. right?

Family Sharing is driven by separate Apple IDs. Apple Music and the App store use the same credentials. The kids should have separate IDs. If you use the same Apple ID for iCloud on their devices, they are you and you are them.

Texts, photos, reminders will be shared between devices.

Oct 14, 2020 4:18 AM in response to LACAllen

Understood. They use all their separate IDs currently for iCloud activities. Just was sharing my ID for purchase in the App Store, which now I know, will be used for their Apple Music accounts as well. Thanks very much for your information. Purchase sharing seems not always as smooth as intended. Much appreciated for your answers, all very helpful.

One Apple ID for Apple Music and another one for media purchase.. possible??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.