Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live wallpaper not working bug?

I have an Iphone 11 Pro running the latest iOS 15.4. Live wallpapers do not work in the lock screen. Haptic touch is active, low battery mode is off, reduced motion is off. I tried everything. I tried Apple's stock live wallpapers, i've tried my own, nothing worked. In the live wallpaper review it works fine, but when i lock my screen and try it, it didn't move when i touch. However where it does work is on the screen when you swipe down from the top (not the control center), where you can see notifications, but that's after unlocking the screen. How do i get around this? I want to be able to have it move when the screen is locked which im sure is what it's supposed to be able to do.

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2022 5:43 AM

iOS 15.4.1 & iPhone 13 Pro Max

same problem here!

4 replies

Mar 29, 2022 8:09 AM in response to fkarel

Hi fkarel,

It sounds like you've already tried the most relevant troubleshooting steps for your issue.

Make sure you're using these steps to set a Live Photo as wallpaper:

Set a Live Photo as wallpaper on iPhone

You can set a Live Photo as wallpaper on all iPhone models except iPhone SE. You can play the Live Photo on your Lock Screen, but not on your Home Screen.

1.) Go to Settings  > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper.

2.) Do one of the following:

• Tap Live, then choose a Live Photo.
• Tap your Live Photos album, then choose a Live Photo (you may need to wait for it to download).

3.) Tap Set, then choose Set Lock Screen or Set Both.

To play the Live Photo, touch and hold the Lock Screen.

Set a Live Photo as wallpaper on iPhone - Apple Support

Should the issue persist, contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Take care.

Live wallpaper not working bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.