Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Time

Hi Everyone,

it appears my son added a passcode to screen time.

After some googling, I was able to reset the passcode via forgot passcode, entered username/password etc. This appeared to work.

I then went into it and it's gone back to incorrect passcode. I've tried to reset via password and it just keeps flicking me back to incorrect passcode, now up to being locked out for an hour.

I have updated my Apple ID password to make sure I'm entering the details correctly when I hit forgot passcode. It still isn't working when I know the Apple ID and password is correct.

anyone had this happen and know a solution other than resetting the iPad and starting from scratch please?

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 5:00 AM

These are the minimum requirements to reset the ScreenTime passcode:

• The device must run iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or later;

AND

• You must know the Apple ID & Password that were used to set up that ScreenTime Passcode.

If you meet both above requirements, these are the instructions:--> If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, you need to erase that device following these instructions (even if related to the passcode to lock/unlock device's screen):--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

The bad news is that you cannot restore data from a backup, since the ScreenTime passcode would come back in.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2022 5:00 AM in response to ReneeB2203

These are the minimum requirements to reset the ScreenTime passcode:

• The device must run iOS/iPadOS 13.4 or later;

AND

• You must know the Apple ID & Password that were used to set up that ScreenTime Passcode.

If you meet both above requirements, these are the instructions:--> If you forgot your Screen Time passcode – Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case, you need to erase that device following these instructions (even if related to the passcode to lock/unlock device's screen):--> If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

The bad news is that you cannot restore data from a backup, since the ScreenTime passcode would come back in.

Regards

Giulio

Mar 28, 2022 11:45 PM in response to ReneeB2203

If you're sure that, when asked, you input (to no avail) the Apple ID & Password which were initially used to set up that ScreenTime passcode, before making any further attempts I suggest that you contact Apple Support directly, using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Mar 28, 2022 8:06 PM in response to ProustGiulio

Thank you

seems like this is a lost cause.

we are on the latest software version

yesterday when I hit forget passcode, I input the Apple ID and password, it allowed me to change the passcode, now when input it, it's still wrong. I updated the Apple ID password to see if I could reset the passcode again, that won't work either, just flicks me to the screen and says another incorrect code. I tried inputting the old password with the Apple ID but a message comes up saying it's incorrect.

something so simple yet so frustrating lol

Screen Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.