Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How I can I get Apple Health to keep the total of steps shown in the display consistently up to date?

How I can I get Apple Health to keep the total of steps shown in the display consistently up to date?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:16 AM

Thanks Dorain1 for your kindness. Sadly my Health app says that Walking Steadiness Notifications are not available on my oldish iPhone SE. I will try Apple Support. It is like having a clock which never shows the right time, but always a time from somewhen in the past varying unpredictably from 2 minutes to many hours ago! Maybe there is a way I can trick the controlling algorithm.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 11:16 AM in response to Dorain1

Thanks Dorain1 for your kindness. Sadly my Health app says that Walking Steadiness Notifications are not available on my oldish iPhone SE. I will try Apple Support. It is like having a clock which never shows the right time, but always a time from somewhen in the past varying unpredictably from 2 minutes to many hours ago! Maybe there is a way I can trick the controlling algorithm.

Mar 29, 2022 9:34 AM in response to meadow21

Hi meadow21,

Keeping track of our daily activities is important, and you should be able see the updated step information on your iPhone's Health app.

Looking at Keep track of your health and wellness with iPhone shows the following:

Movement matters
Carry iPhone with you to count your steps, record how many flights of stairs you climb each day, and even monitor your walking steadiness. Open the Health app, then tap Summary to see your steps. Scroll down to set up Walking Steadiness Notifications. Tap Edit to add more activities to the Summary screen, such as Flights Climbed or Walking + Running Distance.

If you are seeing the steps, but they are not correct, you will want to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance with your Health app. They can be reached by going to Get Support.

Have a great day!

Mar 30, 2022 8:27 AM in response to meadow21

Apple Support really excelled. I spoke from UK to staff in Australia, ? and Florida. The last proved to be a real expert on the Health app and spent 45 minutes with me. He explained how the app works under the hood - you can't do what I was trying to do there - and that an additional free app would deal with my issue. It did (Pedometer++). Happy Apple customer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.