Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

paid for a family subscription, but the music was deleted

today a friend paid for a family subscription (6 people), I went to the application, and all the music disappeared there, and they offer me to buy a subscription. that is, they do not see that it has already been bought from me.

although in the apple settings I am in the family

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2022 10:08 AM

I’ve never had a personal subscription before. Losing music it’s not a problem. My friend just paid for our family subscription, as usually, and now Apple Music acts like I’ve never been subscribed. There aren’t any music, and it suggests me to buy a subscription

2 replies

Mar 28, 2022 10:02 AM in response to inna108

Did you cancel your individual subscription BEFORE you joined the family group? That may be the problem. When a subscription is cancelled or it expires, there is no guarantee if or for how long the music library will be retained. However, if someone in the family group already has an individual or student subscription to Apple Music, renewal of that subscription is automatically canceled when they join the family group and that library should remain.

Get an Apple Music family subscription - Apple Support

If that is not the problem, you might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

paid for a family subscription, but the music was deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.