You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to add new Contacts

I fill out the new contact form on someone or a business and then click on DONE. When I go back in to check on the new contact, it is not there. I repeat this many times and still no added contacts. I can edit any contact, but cannot add any new ones. I have the latest Monterey version (12.3), though this has been going on before this version.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 4:55 AM

8 replies

Mar 29, 2022 3:07 PM in response to PRP_53

I have many email addresses along the left that belong to me and other family members. One my iCloud account email and one gmail email have the Contacts box checked. That hasn't changed in a long time.

I noticed when I try to enter a new contact that the name listed down the left hand column lists "No Name." When I click on DONE, it still says No Name. If I click on one of the other names then go back to No Name, everything I typed is gone. I have a couple hundred contact entrees now. Is there a limit?

Mar 30, 2022 4:24 AM in response to tim01

Q - " One my iCloud account email and one gmail email have the Contacts box checked. "

A - Contacts application associated with a Google Account is well known to not always work well on Apple macOS.

Some can get it to work and others have issue like what this computer is experiencing. This is not something Apple Controls as the Service belongs to Google.

Have seen some people UnCheck the sync Contacts with Google and then add the new information into Contacts.

Then only after that is done, re-enable the Sync process back in Contacts to Google sync.

Mar 30, 2022 11:07 AM in response to PRP_53

I can't find anything that says Sync Contacts. I've done some Google searches on that but the examples they show are not options when I try to do that. I have purchased some third party Contact Apps and they fill out nice, but when I close them they sync with Apple's Contact list and, therefore, are removed from my purchased contact app. When I try to change the settings on my Apple Contacts app I get the "The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission."

So I don't think there is going to be anything I can do without permissions.

Unable to add new Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.