Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I disable iPhone’s audio ducking (temporary volume lowering) when I get notifications?

Hi.

I fully understand that my phone is working the way it was designed. When I receive any notification while listening to some media it temporarily lowers the volume (aka audio ducking).

This is extremely annoying for me. I am more than capable of distinguishing between various sounds.

I do not want to turn off the sound. I know silent mode stops the issue but it also prevents me from getting notifications. I will choose muted notifications over the ducking sound lowering (not a typo! …but yes a pun) but I miss so SO many things that way. Silent Mode a lesser-of-two-evils solution. After years of just accepting this I thought to ask here.

Can I turn this “feature” off???

Fingers crossed there is a way. It causes me much discomfort.

Thanks, I appreciate your time!

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 11:52 AM

No, there is no option that I know of.

2 replies

Can I disable iPhone’s audio ducking (temporary volume lowering) when I get notifications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.