Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Genius Bar repaired my 2017 MacBook Air, whihc was displaying mayny software glitches, by erasing the drive and installing macOS Big Sur. How do I recover my Office 2011 software?

The Genius Bar repaired my 2017 MacBook Air, which was displaying many software glitches, by erasing the drive and installing macOS Big Sur version 11.6.6. How do I recover/reinstall my Microsoft Office 2011 software?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 4:50 PM

Even if you could find the downloadable installer, Office 2011 will not work on macOS Big Sur. The last supported macOS version for Office 2011 is Catalina. The reason being is that 32-bit apps (such as Office 2011) were dropped from functionality with Big Sur or later. You'll either have to find an Office 2011 replacement (LibreOffice) or upgrade MS Office to a later version which supports the newer macOS 64-bit operating systems.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 4:50 PM in response to NanonerdNM

Even if you could find the downloadable installer, Office 2011 will not work on macOS Big Sur. The last supported macOS version for Office 2011 is Catalina. The reason being is that 32-bit apps (such as Office 2011) were dropped from functionality with Big Sur or later. You'll either have to find an Office 2011 replacement (LibreOffice) or upgrade MS Office to a later version which supports the newer macOS 64-bit operating systems.

The Genius Bar repaired my 2017 MacBook Air, whihc was displaying mayny software glitches, by erasing the drive and installing macOS Big Sur. How do I recover my Office 2011 software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.