Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I tell if my iPhone 12 pro is using the WiFi 6 (802.11ax) band?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 9:02 AM

Obviously you need a WiFi 6 router to route WiFi 6. Some routers (e.g., EERO Pro 6) do not allow you to separate the ax or ac bands (and the 2.4GHz band for that matter). You haven't really answered the question but I'm assuming from your answer that there is no way to get that information from my iPhone 12 Pro. Am I correct?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2022 9:02 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Obviously you need a WiFi 6 router to route WiFi 6. Some routers (e.g., EERO Pro 6) do not allow you to separate the ax or ac bands (and the 2.4GHz band for that matter). You haven't really answered the question but I'm assuming from your answer that there is no way to get that information from my iPhone 12 Pro. Am I correct?

Mar 30, 2022 9:08 AM in response to Douglas Lee

You are correct; there is no indication on the phone what protocol stack it connects to. I don’t know about the EERO, but most routers will choose the best protocol based on speed and signal strength. You may be able to use the router’s control center to see what the phone is connected to.

My Netgear, which does not have ax, let me set up different SSIDs for 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.