Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need an Apple device to get Apple TV?

I've been trying to subscribe to Apple TV on my ROKU TV. I have an Apple account. The app says I need an ITunes account. Do I really need this? More$$$. Apple seems to make it very difficult if I don't have an Apple device. Too exclusive! Too hard! I've been trying for 2 days!

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:46 PM

I've been trying to subscribe to Apple TV on my ROKU TV. I have an Apple account.

Verify that you made your account complete: user details, email address (confirm the test message), and payment method.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Payment methods for subscriptions should support automatic and periodical charges.

The app says I need an ITunes account. Do I really need this?

Your Apple ID account needs to be ready for use with the iTunes Store. As above. That is needed.

More$$$.

No, subscribing to Apple TV+ is the only fee, if you stick to Apple TV+ content. Other content in the Apple TV app is not included in this subscription, and may require additional payments, as indicated in the app.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2022 5:46 PM in response to ldg870

I've been trying to subscribe to Apple TV on my ROKU TV. I have an Apple account.

Verify that you made your account complete: user details, email address (confirm the test message), and payment method.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage your Apple ID - Apple

Payment methods for subscriptions should support automatic and periodical charges.

The app says I need an ITunes account. Do I really need this?

Your Apple ID account needs to be ready for use with the iTunes Store. As above. That is needed.

More$$$.

No, subscribing to Apple TV+ is the only fee, if you stick to Apple TV+ content. Other content in the Apple TV app is not included in this subscription, and may require additional payments, as indicated in the app.

Do I need an Apple device to get Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.