Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sent me an odd email?

Apple ID sent me an odd email this afternoon, attached is the email with my name and email address in questioned censored out.

I never updated any Apple ID information, and where it says “the following changes to your Apple ID, *************@gmail.com”, that is not my Apple ID. I thought maybe I was confused and forgot I used it as my ID, so I tried to log into Apple ID using that specific email address, and it said it wasn’t a valid Apple ID?? I tried the lookup method, didn’t work either. I’m a bit nervous that my account has somehow been compromised but I don’t know how I can even begin to solve that problem if my gmail isn’t even an Apple ID that I have used! I have a few Apple ID email addresses and they’re all “”@icloud.com. Could this email be a mistake? I checked the sender and it is from their legitimate email address.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 6:36 PM

If you don't have a @gmail Apple ID email address, I suggest you just ignore the email you received. If you want some extra security, change the passwords on the iCloud accounts.

1 reply

Apple sent me an odd email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.