Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I removed an iPad from my iPhone list of connected associates devices before I gave it to my son, did a complete restore on the iPad and yet, the iPad I gave him is still asking for my Apple ID and password. What am I doing wrong!?

I removed an iPad from my iPad list for devices, performed a full restore by connecting the iPad to my laptop as per apple’s instructions and yet, my son is still being asked for my own sign in info and passwords when he signs in. Why is that since the ipad should have been reset to factory settings?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 9:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2022 9:33 PM

Did you go through these steps:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

I removed an iPad from my iPhone list of connected associates devices before I gave it to my son, did a complete restore on the iPad and yet, the iPad I gave him is still asking for my Apple ID and password. What am I doing wrong!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.