Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Max M1 headphone issue?

Anyone else getting (plugged in) headphone issues with the New M1 Max Macbook?

I use wired (plugged in) earphones with the M1 Max Macbook Pro, and they maybe work for 10 seconds, then choosing a different Youtube video, they just go blank with no sound?

Tried changing System Preferences > Sound, and Audio Midi Setup but nothing?

I am just coming up to my 30 days trial on this Macbook Pro M1 Max 64Gb 8TB, and wondering now if my headphone jack is faulty? or is it a software issue? (I'm on latest MacOS Monterey 12.3)

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 6:29 AM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2022 9:14 AM in response to pitchfork

Hi pitchfork,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you' re unable to use your headphones consistently with your MacBook Pro.

Do you have access to another set of headphones you can use to test with your Mac?

You can also run a diagnostic test on your Mac to ensure that the audio hardware is functioning as expected to help isolate this behavior further: Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac

You can also create a new user account on your MacBook to test your headphones. This will let us know if this behavior is system wide or isolated to one user.

To create a new user account, you can go to the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.Click the lock icon, then enter an administrator name and password.Click the add button (+) below the list of users.Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).Once you’ve created the new account, go to the Apple menu  > Log Out, then log in with the new account.

If you're unable to reproduce the same behavior in a new user account, you can troubleshoot your login items as outlined here: Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Macbook Pro Max M1 headphone issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.