Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Outgoing Earthlink email from iMac

Late January/early February my outgoing email went offline. Contacted Earthlink and found out a spammer was using my IP address it was put on a PBL blacklist. After many sessions and much back & forth, finally got outgoing email restored on Earthling WebMail but even though all settings are correct, I can still only receive incoming on my iMac, cannot send. All settings on iPhone, iPad, MacPro laptop and iMac are the same and correct with Earthlink but come up as "Cannot verify account name or password." Earthlink says because the restored my outgoing on WM, it's probably an Apple problem. Have deleted and restored account several times on iMac, but cannot get Mail to verify. Hope someone has some suggestions and or insights. Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 30, 2022 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2022 9:24 AM

Since you have deleted and restored the account, that should have restored your ID and passwords with Earthlink. Setup with them is fairly straightforward. At this point I have only one suggestion. Try connecting with another email app such as Thunderbird and see what happens. Incidentally, I much prefer it over Mail for reasons of stability, reliability and excellent support.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2022 9:24 AM in response to Dejapa682

Since you have deleted and restored the account, that should have restored your ID and passwords with Earthlink. Setup with them is fairly straightforward. At this point I have only one suggestion. Try connecting with another email app such as Thunderbird and see what happens. Incidentally, I much prefer it over Mail for reasons of stability, reliability and excellent support.

Outgoing Earthlink email from iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.